Hunstanton Town Council
Hunstanton Town Council provides your local services. We strive to make Hunstanton a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for.
If you can't find the information you require or require a document in a different language then please contact us.
Notification of Referendum
Referendum on the adoption of the Hunstanton Neighbourhood Plan
1. The referendum will take place on Thursday 16 June 2022 to decide on the question below: 'Do you want the Borough Council of King's Lynn and West Norfolk to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Hunstanton to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?'
2. The last date for registering to vote in respect of the Neighbourhood Planning Referendum is Friday 27 May 2022.
3. New postal vote (including proxies applying to vote by post) applications, changes or cancellations to existing postal, postal proxy or proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at King`s Court, Chapel Street, King`s Lynn PE30 1EX by 5 pm on Monday 30 May 2022.
4. New applications to vote by proxy (not postal proxy) at this referendum must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at King`s Court, Chapel Street, King`s Lynn PE30 1EX by 5 pm on Wednesday 8 June 2022.
5. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this referendum on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at King`s Court, Chapel Street, King`s Lynn PE30 1EX by 5 pm on Thursday 16 June 2022. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Wednesday 8 June 2022. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Wednesday 8 June 2022.
Pictures of Hunstanton
Hunstanton is a seaside town in Norfolk. It faces west across The Wash, making it one of the few places on the east coast where the sun sets over the sea. Hunstanton lies 102 miles north-north-east of London and 40 miles north-west of Norwich.
The aerial image of the coastline at the bottom of this website was taken by Mike Page.
Sunset in Hunstanton